Are you looking for the best Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) in the market? Do you want to do the testing yourself? At Metrotest Electrical Safety, you not only find products to purchase, you can also get training to go with them you’re guided and safe.
What Are Portable Appliance Testers?
A Portable Appliance Tester consists of a number of testing instruments created into one case. Its main objective is to easily, quickly, and accurately test appliances and electrical equipment.
Unlike other types of test equipment, a PAT does not have multiple test leads to be attached and inserted. Simply plug the appliance into the PAT and one fly lead called the “wander lead” is attached to the equipment that you are testing.
Once the appliance has been tested, the PAT will show the results as pass or fail. Depending on the tester, it also gives actual readings and no interpretation of results is usually required.
PAT: All-in-One Equipment
Technicians tend to choose a PAT because it has everything they need all in one equipment. Sure, they can use a combination of other test instruments but that slows down and complicates the testing process. This requires more time and training from the operator.
PAT is the number one choice for electrical testing because of its speed, ease of use, and practicality. For non-electricians, it is the only and safest choice.
Technicians who test appliances need more than just a PAT, they need one with a printer as part of the package.
Why Choose Metrotest Electrical Safety
Do you know why Metrotest Electrical Safety is your best choice when it comes to PAT Testers and trainings? The reason is simple – we offer nothing but the best. Our goal is to deliver the necessary equipment and training to you, our customers.
If you’re looking for PAT Testers with printers, here are some of the models available on the Metrotest Electrical Safety website:
This product is available for purchase or for hire. There’s an option that includes a printer in the package that you purchase.
This amazing little fully functioned Portable Appliance Tester is the next step in do it yourself (DIY) testing.
The package includes:
- PRCD (portable Residual Current Device) testing
- Battery & mains operated (requires mains for powered up leakage testing)
- Powered up leakage testing
- Insulation testing
- Polarity testing
- Earth Test: 200mA, 10A
- Flashing warning lights when used for powered up testing-providing extra safety for the operator
- 1 Push test selection
- Bright Pass/Fail Indicator
- Light up LCD display
- Direct Wi-Fi Capable
- Great carry bag with room for all your accessories and mini thermal transfer printer (Tough Tags)
The tester has a built-in basic memory recall, which can be downloaded with Sonel Pats Reader and is able to do basic printing. A future App is planned for development.
Our newest, most comprehensive, and user-friendly PAT comes in a complete testing package. Included are thermal transfer printer, scanner, and comprehensive software all neatly contained in a specially designed carry bag.
The package includes:
- Sonel Metro iPAT Portable Appliance Tester Standard Set
- Symbol Laser Scanner
- CG2 Thermal Transfer Label Printer
- Roll of 400 Tough Vinyl (Valeron stock) Labels and Ribbon
- USB download cable
- All Connection cables from Printer to PAT
- Customized Business logo for Printer (additional software required to change logo)
- Handmade custom vinyl bag
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with trainings that you can book ahead of time on the website.
3. Metro iPAT
This PAT Model is designed to make testing easier and faster without compromising on safety. The newly developed operating system is both user friendly for the testing technician and rich in features for the varied needs of testing companies and their clients. Retesting has become easier with the introduction Dual Time Tags (DTT) and a whole new tagging system.
- Designed around the needs of AS/NZS3760 (not adapted to) by a nationwide Test & Tag Company
- Real Safety testing (including high current earth bond test), speed, audit ability and a truly flexible operating system sets it apart from its’ nearest competitor
- Custom Designable ‘Help Menu’/Site inductions/Individual SOPS/JSA/Task Analysis sign off signature can all be placed on-board
- Full color touch screen to enable easy access, fast and efficient testing and data input without the need of other devices and minimizing paper based systems
- Output voltage and frequency constantly displayed
- Intuitive user interface
- Manual & automatic test codes
- Single test ability
- RCD tests both installation and portable RCDs including ramp test.
- Dual Time’ tagging and printing
- Comprehensive download software Sonel PAT+ with easy data management
- USB flash drive downloadable
These are just a few of the vast array of PAT Testers with printers. Take your pick among the many choices featured on our website. We guarantee you high quality products and top notch training to help you use your brand new equipment properly.