Auckland Build is New Zealand’s largest gathering of professionals from the construction, architecture, design and facilities management sectors. These include builders, architects, contracts manager, financiers, consultants, suppliers, developers, government and other key players in the industry.
For 2018, the organisers of the event, Oliver Kinross Ltd, have prepared 4 industry-leading summits and conferences. There’s the Auckland Build Expo Conference, the Buildings and Facilities Management Summit, the BIM & Digital Construction Summit and the Women in Construction Summit, which are all free to join for attendees! Supported by over 200 exhibitors, 60 build partners and 90 senior speakers, this year’s show is going to be the grandest and biggest in its history. Thousands of attendees are expected to gather for the 2-day event – and the Metrotest team is going to be one of them!
This year’s theme will be built around: Women in Construction, the KiwiBuild house building programme, building management, smart technology, the cost to build in New Zealand, recruitment and training, and many more.
Among the important topics that will be discussed are:
- Concrete and sustainability
- Climate change adaptation
- Innovation in sustainable building materials
- Why quality matters in NZ’ housing crisis
- Ethical timber
- Challenges women face within the construction industry
- Initiatives and programs to increase female participation
- Companies that are taking initiatives to increase diversity
- Augmented and virtual reality (VR) in construction planning and visualization
- BIM, VR and controlling
- Opportunities and developments in Auckland
- Buildings of the future
- Design solutions for Auckland 2027
- The coming revolution to buildings and homes
In addition to the live demonstrations, exhibitions and free conferences, we heard there will also be live music and a beer craft festival. So it will be a fun way to get the latest developments, trends and opportunities in the construction and design industry, as well as to add new important contacts to your networking list.
Opening times will be:
Thursday 8th November: 9:30AM – 6 PM
Friday 9th November: 9:30AM – 5 PM
Come and meet the Metrotest team on November 8th and 9th at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland! See you there!